Friday, January 26, 2018

Paper Ornaments


If you have been following my blog, you might have known how much I love working with paper. Before Christmas, we even did this craft at the Sunday school with the kids and they took these ornaments back home to decorate their tree..:)
 It is so inexpensive and fun way to decorate and you can create many different designs. Now that I am thinking you can make a bunch and make a vertical garland with it to make a backdrop. Maybe I should make one to let you know what I mean in one of the posts...:)

I did a similar kind of project, when I made this paper Chandelier sometime back.. Idea to make this is the same.


Anyways, making this is easy and here are the steps.

You'll need:
--------------
Paper
Glue
Yarn or thread.

Steps:
-------
- For the instructions here, I am showing the round globe one which I made. For making this, cut out at least 12 circles out of paper and fold in half.
If you are making any other design, it is easier if you take the piece of paper and fold in half and then cut out the design you like. We want the right and left side of the fold to be same design.


- Now take two folded circles and glue one folded side of the circle to another folded circle.


- Keep gluing 6 of the circles together to make half of the globe.


- Make another set of half the globe.


- We will glue these half globes to make a full globe. But before gluing the two together glue a looped string in between for hanging these ornaments.





To check other crafts and tutorials visit Crafts/Tutorials tab on the top.

Linking this to these awesome parties hereherehere and here. 

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

24 comments:

  1. So pretty, I love that polka dot paper. And I'm guessing that if you shape them like hearts these would make cute Valentine's decorations. Thank you for sharing the tutorial at The Really Crafty Link Party this week. Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Teresa! You are right, it will make a great heart decoration .. thanks for the idea...:)

      Delete
  2. These are so cute! You could repurpose them for birthday parties or baby mobile. Thanks for hosting the Really Crafty Linky Party -Marie of This Dear Casa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! And what a great idea to use it for baby mobile.

      Delete
  3. How pretty! I love the colours! Thank you for sharing, and for being a part of the Hearth and Soul Link Party. Take care and stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, I love the vibrant papers you used for this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I love those papers too and have used them in so many other projects. Love the cheerful colors..:)

      Delete
  5. What pretty ornaments! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so cute, I wish I was better at crafting! Thanks so much for linking up at #KCACOLS. Hope you come back again next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure you are Laura. You just have to start doing it..:)

      Delete
  7. You make this look so easy and effective, I want to make loads to go all over the house. #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the dotted coloured paper used for these decorations #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these colours together, they look really nice.

    Katrina x
    #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so clever - these look gorgeous! Thanks so much for linking up at #KCACOLS.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are beautiful! I’ve been trying to get into crafting a little recently and will have to give these a go. Would be amazed if they turn out anywhere near this good though!
    #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so simple but so effective! So clever! #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love this paper craft so beautiful #kcacols

    ReplyDelete