Monday, June 2, 2014

Fabric Yo-Yos.


I have made and used yo-yos in many of my projects, but didn't get a chance to write up a tutorial until now.

I used yo-yos to decorate the aprons I made for the cooking Birthday Party.


You can see more of the cooking Birthday party pictures here. I have used yo-yos to make barrettes too.




You'll need:
------------
A round piece of fabric.
Needle and thread.

Steps:
-----
- Take a needle and thread. Tie a knot at the end of the thread and make a running stitch all along the edge of the fabric.



- After the running stitch is made, pull the thread at the other end and you will see the fabric start to gather.



- Pull it all the way, till all the fabric is gathered and you get the flower, just like the picture below.


- Make a knot when the fabric is gathered, so that the flower shape is retained.

- I decorated my yo-yo by attaching a button in the center.


To check other crafts and tutorials visit Crafts/Tutorials tab on the top.

Linking this to these awesome parties hereherehere and here.

13 comments:

  1. I do love yo yo's. :) Love the button in the middle to.
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've haven't sewn since home-ec in middle school. These look simple enough though and they are darling :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are simple to make Clarissa. I guess you can start making some yo yos now..:)

      Delete
  3. These are so cute, and easy to follow instructions. Thanks for sharing at Wake Up Wednesday.
    Shirley @Intelligent Domestications

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great tutorial. How great your look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently made some yo-yo's and they are fun. I love your tutorial. Carrie, A Mother's Shadow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carrie! I have to agree, these are fun to make...:)

      Delete
  6. What a great tutorial. I remember my mother making them and put a quilt together for my grandmother. Truly a work of love. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing this post at City of Creative Dream's City of Links on Friday! I appreciate you taking the time to party with me. Hope to see you again today :)

    ReplyDelete